Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Getting to know your students....

One thing I need to add to my list of "thing to do" is getting to know my students. This is a fine line. If you know them too well, you're showing favoritism. If you don't get to know them, you don't care enough.

Why is it that no matter how hard you try it seems impossible to get to know some kids? What's the best way to get to know them?

I would like to implement something where I have lunch with them but then I feel like I am giving up valuable adult conversation with my assistant in order to eat with 7 and 8 year olds. Yes, this is my job, to create well-rounded children, but I have to remember that I am only human and I need my daily dose of adult conversation too.

My compromise is to seat them at the teachers table. Perhaps my presence alone will help? I can only hope to think of soemthing better....

No comments:

Post a Comment